The pressie

March 7 was my birthday and I had the pleasure of receiving many presents on that occasion. I am a total sucker for celebrations, presents, symbols and suprises. So when a pressy falls on my doorstep, just imagine my one-year-older face. Just imagine. (You can leave the additional lifeline out of the imagined final picture though, thank you.)

In this case, the pressie did not exactly fall onto the doormat; you see, it was too big and chunky to find its way through the mail box! That is always a good start, he he he. A lovely neighbor brought it to me, while a handwritten note lay on the doormat instead. The crumbled piece of paper was kindy left behind by the mailman, one of the few creatures on this quill foresaken earth who is still using a pen, a piece of paper and his hand to actually communicate with the world.

Imagine then that it took me 2 split seconds to unwrap the present and meet the beautifully decorated tin box you see in the pic above. The drawing on the lid represents the fruit of the mother of all trees for me: the olive tree. I told you I liked symbols, didn't I? Even in our living room you will find a painting showing these century-old trees in their habitat, with their roots deep in red earth and their silvery branches standing out against a vibrant blue sky. More down to earth, we use olives in our kitchen and eagerly eat any variant or any byproduct. Come to think of it, we even use olive soap around this garden of Eden of ours.

Imagine then my happy smile when hidden under freshly picked herbs (laurel, thyme and rosemary from the garden) I find neatly stashed away three jars: crème d'anchoïade, tapenade verte et noire de Provence. Happiness in a delicately decorated tin box! The thyme already found its match in a home made soup bringing delicately together broccolis and carrots that were waiting for a little herbal kick. The rosemary sprig and its flowers will be next in line and will possibly compliment an apple compote in which the bland fruit will welcome the pungent smell and taste of the herb. 

Each and every detail of this thoughtful present shows me that my Sis knows me inside and out (is that a good thing?!) and in return makes me think about my Sis and her own world instantly. 


This is what I call a win-win situation from the bottom of my ever grateful heart.

1 commentaires:

  1. Contente de voir que tout est arrivé en entier !
    Take care,
    zz, the anonymous olive-box poster

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?