Sensation White

Yesterday was certainly not the first edition of Sensation White, but it was my first edition for sure. First things first: I survived the shock with Wonderland revisited in its techno trance, sexy, trashy version. Because you see, I love dancing, love music - quite eclectic in that field - and basically have been brought up do the experience of southern Europe outdoor discos where you can choose your favorite dance floor depending on the mood of the moment: 8Os, acid jazz, techno... On top of this top three, the location of these discos is often breathtaking: sea bays, small beaches, pine wood forests. Think light breeze and high moon to breathe freely.

So, the idea of joining a huge crowd of crazy, sweaty dancers all brought together under the banner of white color, well, did raise a few doubts in my fuzzy head. The fact is, crowds, alcohol driven and ecstatic dancers - take the adjective literally here - tend to scare my little me; I have to say that one of the last concerts I went to was Michael Jackson's in Paris (how appropriate is this memory right now?) where I almost missed the entire show amid tall fellows and did not even have to go through the trouble of walking and dancing since the other spectators did it for me, carrying me around, feet off the floor. Sweet.

The fact is: Sensation White was a very good experience! This was mainly due to the nice, open and friendly behavior of that same crowd I feared so much. I guess love pills do work. It was a good lesson: fear can paralyze you and prevent you from discovering new frontiers. How true. The show is still pumping through my ears, a faint headache is here to remind me that I went to bed at dawn while video-clip style images still unroll in front of my eyes. The dress code of the evening was "white", an easy thing to accomplish especially given the full summer season. Seen from the top of the Amsterdam Arena stadium stairs, the white dance floor was quite an ethereal view in the middle of musical mayhem, all lit up by laser beams, flames and light effects dancing to the pumping rhythm of unleashed techno music. Can you believe it: the dear Alice of our childhood tales must have been dancing too, somewhere in the audience! She definitely grew up since then...


C'mon guys, lift your hands in the air and jump to the rhythm, jump, jump!

3 commentaires:

  1. Moi j'ai fait ça à Otranto !!! White party dans le parc en grande pompe + night club. J'ai adoré ! What else ?
    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui, j'ai vu, sauf que ta fête m'avait l'air nettement plus classe ;-) Je t'ai envoyé un email aujourd'hui - pas trop tôt tu me diras ;-) Biz,

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'ai reçu ton mail ! C'est un peu le feu, mais j'essaierai de répondre dans pas longtemps...
    Oui, c'était assez classe, la white party ! Le grand jeu à la clubmed.
    Je ne pense jamais à lire la réponse à mes commentaires, moi !!
    (-:

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?