I am watching...

There have been so many movies through our dvd player and I have not shared a word with you...until now, that is. It may well be that the two actors are so convincing and moving that I had to tell you about this totally human story of a very nice couple, adored by everyone, with their two kids, all living in a neat suburban house. All this comes at a price though: the price of dreams and truth. This extraordinary (revolutionary?) couple may just be like everyone else in the end... Quite a harsh reality check for all of us, this movie needs to be seen and reflected upon for everyone's sound mental health.

Leonardo deserves a word, not because he is better (or not) than his partner in the movie, but because I do not fancy him. The usual female attitude would be to say that he looks gorgeous, but sorry, no - let's imagine that I want to play the revolutionary woman here for a second.

Which positively means though that when I say I like him, I actually mean that he is - to me - a great actor. After the movie, I was commenting that he makes every single character alive and totally believable. And in this movie, he makes no exception (even though I totally dislike his character, truth be told, but I do not want to influence you, dear reader...).

Advice of the day: keep (day)dreaming!



3 commentaires:

  1. Pas grand-chose à dire sur ce film, qui ne m'avait pas bien plu, à vrai dire (histoire, jeu des acteurs, monotonie du déroulement, sujet tarte-à-la-crème (l'American Dream à l'envers). Bof bof...

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'avais bien aimé ce film et également detesté le rôle de Caprio dont je ne suis pas fan du tout non plus (je craque plus pour Andy Garcia...). C'est un thème qui peut toucher tout le monde et bien que cela se passe aux US, cela m'a fait penser à la Côte d'Azur avec cette proximité du voisinage et le rôle important de l'apparence à conserver qui est une véritable nuisance au quotidien. Bisous. M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, je trouve le film bien et j'ai trouvé le jeu des acteurs assez remarquable car finalement, ce sont eux qui portent le tout. Quant à présenter le rêve américain à l'envers, on ne voit pas ça assez souvent à mon avis et c'est ce qui explique peut-être une certaine maladresse. Peut-être que cela va changer maintenant... En tout cas, j'aime bien quand un film m'oblige à me regarder autour, c'est toujours hautement bénéfique. Bonne séance et à plus !

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?