PJ party

The first time I ever heard about a PJ party was in high school, when foreign students talked eagerly about it and made all kind of plans for the PJ evening; at the time, I must admit, I felt really curious about this type of social event, all the more as I come from a family where this type of socializing night is not really perceived suitable for a young girl, if you follow my conventional drift...

Well, I will never know - will I? - what these parties were made of. But, just as daydreaming seems to have taken over the usual night dreaming activity with me, I have now developed a liking for PJ-style outfits to wear in broad daylight. How shocking!

The thing is, my latest aquisition did not bring up memories of PJs at all until dear hubby popped up and pointed out that the trousers made him think of pajamas. This is where the absolute necessity of shopping with a kind and understanding soul becomes utterly clear. The name of the brand is Soaked in Luxury and apparently this is a newcomer in the Danish fashion arena; like many others, they have their pieces made in China and I find this a common trend among Scandinavian designers. This being said, let me point out that the name of the brand does not match the prices, thank God for that.

Anyway, despite the hint, I am pretty happy of the new trend in my wardrobe since sometimes it is nice to wander off one's beaten track; not to mention that the color combination - pink and brown - won me over the moment I spotted the soft fabric outfit. It had me at "hello", basically.

Truth be told, I may go a bit over my traditional border here, but I am not sure I will test these fashion beauties at work to start with; just think about it for a second: "Good morning ladies, the PJ party meeting will be held at 10am." It probably would not work...


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?