A room with a view

While sitting in one of my favorite cafés on a sunny yet whimsical Saturday afternoon - one of many - I could not but notice that the perfect seat I had secured right behind the tall window granted an open view onto the world. Yes, the world. In its microcosmic scope, but still, the world. A trendy girld with dozens of bracelets and a flashy golden bag, with far too much makeup on her face to ensure the en vogue smokey eyes look; the lady with the two dogs, so predictably alike - both the dogs and the lady - (and here my mind wanders: does my dog look like me? Or the other way around?); the trash couple with torn jeans, black tattoes all over their arms and the occasion shinong piercing; it is just incredible how people need to get out, walk, shop, interact and just mingle! In a way, in the virtual era, this is quite reassuring.

The wise cat across the street is also having a go at the free show, licking his already ultra clean paws every now and then (how many times is he going to lick it? Should I start counting?)

I wonder if he is also thinking that the E.M. Forster's A Room with a View would have been the perfect book for the occasion; is there anything repressed in today's lifestyle, attitudes and looks? Dear Lucy would probably faint, simply. I am having instead so much fun!

Ah, the things you notice when you have time on your hands and the perfect surroundings for some freestyle thinking!

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?