Bubble talk


Bubbles can explode right at your face, for better or for worse. I remember chewing frantically on my BigBabol, hidden away in the garden of our house because my parents had drastically forbidden me to do that. Chewing gums were a no go, not proper for a little girl. Not to mention when they ended up stuck on her face and in her hair when a big bubble (!) had turned sour and decided it could not contain any more air... Oh well... At the time there was no Internet available so I had not followed this course.

Time has passed and since then I have learnt to chew gums and avoid bubbles. So I get now to keep more hair on my head and avoid smelling like synthetic strawberry the whole day.

New bubbles have come and gone, good and bad: financial and IT bubbles that stink for everyone involved when they explode most unexpectedly... But my favorite ones are harmless and belong to a very volatile world of water and air, a nice mixture that soothes the body and thrives in self-indulgent mode made possible by a new entry in "da house": the bathtub.




The bubbles of an evening bubble bath - a novelty for me after years of cruel one-way showers - are part of a ritual where all the senses come alive delicately and the mind stops reeling for a few minutes, while dense vapors of warm bath water dissolve all the tense moments of the day... These are beautiful bubbles that smell of verbena when they pop and only leave the slightest scent on your skin when you hop into your warm bed for a good night's rest.

Credits: Cig Harvey

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?