The invisible thread

Mauritius offered some of the best landscapes for happy moments of picture time: lush green areas, changing blue hues of the sea, light blue skies, orangy suns... And a visit to colored earth, this patch of ground of 7 colors - or so they say. All hues come from the earth and are intimately linked to it, like blood vessels that bring life in this curious patch of land. The colors are comforting ones that make you want to stand on your two feet and scream how exciting it is to see such natural wonders.

On the other side of the planet, a new series of earthy and warm colors reminded me of the sunny seaside vacation... An invisible thread linked the far away island of Mauritius to the queen of the water cities, Venice, (I am biased, I'll give you that and a lot more, but such is my conviction!) where the walls of old houses have been painted and preserved in their Sienna brown, dark orange, deep green, rich pink that are all reflected in many new forms in the canals. The result is a color palette that warms your heart, no matter how cold December can be - despite the softening influence of the nearby sea. The quiet streets are kept alive by the chromatic pigments that compliment the green tree tops and occasional plant growing peacefully in a traditionally chiseled pot.

I wonder where the invisible thread will lead my mind next... the trip is just never ending!

Credits: TheDaydreamer

2 commentaires:

  1. I haven't been to Mauritius, but I've heard a lot of bad things about it (example: dirty and crowded). Maybe it's not like people have said :)

    Next stop: Seychelles?

    http://lambaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experiences can vary of course and this may explain what you have heard. Crowded it is, especially if you go in cities on the island, with crazy traffic. But the people are friendly, welcoming and willing to talk to you and help you out if need be. As for dirty, well, it has not shocked me one bit, to be honest, so it cannot be that bad despite rampant poverty ;-) It is a fascinating place, different from my everyday world and challenging in that sense. I would not be traveling if I only wanted clean and empty places :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?