In my corner of the world

The signs are unmistakable: if you look at the number of tags for this post, you know already something is going on - a bit of confusion, a bit of emotional mess, no directions, just a lot to think about and to say.

Like in a restaurant where the menu covers about 20 pages, there may be something fishy going on - it cannot be all fresh, right?

But that's all right - at least with me - because this is when I realize that I have a corner of the world all to myself where I can sort things out or leave them be... There is a physical, geographical favorite corner, of course, and that would be the safe haven of the apartment right now, provided all windows are wide open; and then there is this virtual corner right here, meant like a place to share. Two very different approaches, apparently: one very inward, and the other one very outward and exposed - as if I was reaching out. As always, I do believe they can be compatible and even complementary. What do you say, can Janus join us here?

Luckily when I feel a bit under the weather or confused, I have lots of uplifting memories to turn to, starting with the sexy notes of a talented singer: I can just visualize the sparkling gold dust falling on the audience, so simple, so magic (no man coming from the moon), his incredibly velvety voice rising in the big Bercy space - why on earth would you stage a crooner's concert in such an anonymous and huge space? - only to make it seem smaller, cosy and welcoming, against all odds and with natural grace and showman humor. The band plays, swings and jumps bringing us all in its melodious wake. This is what combined talents are. Pure and simple.

While my tattered mind wanders in the enchanting concert atmosphere hanging on to every memorable song, the warm water of the bath is like a soothing blanket made fragrant and soft by the massage oil candle - a lovely birthday present, from a lovely person... Obviously my own corner of the world would not be complete without the reassuring assistance and guidance of books - they are my good friends, the tellers of secret stories, dreams and hopes of all kinds and for all characters, the repositories of precious addresses hidden away in the heart of Paris (again: a most welcomed present from a dear friend - I tell you, presents are what you want to have around you, night and day) - so many promises of moments in time to share!



Little by little, all of these bits of happiness come together - and there you have it: my very own corner of the world for one evening.



4 commentaires:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he :-) Je choisis notre prochain point de chute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci, je suis ravie que mon cadeau te plaise ! Tu écris merveilleusement bien les petits moments simples et délicieux de la vie. M

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?