Pattern theory


This will be one of those seasonal posts I try to avoid most of the time: sentences, anecdotes and facts about the season and its whims. I guess it is just as well since it will teach me modesty: I am like everyone else with the nose up in the sky on the lookout for every single cloud that would dare coming nearby in full summer season.

And I guess it is just as well since we all need a bit of seasonal excess. Usually, fabulously high summer temperatures are the perfect time for me to think in white, as if too much light (is there any such thing now?) called for the lack of colors and even more whiteness. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I have no particular theory about this, but it is true that I think I have a pattern there...

Exceptions to patterns can also become a pattern! And while perusing my closet in search of the inspirational outfit for the day, I noticed that instead of the usual all-white set of clothes, colorful patterns have appeared and brought some newfound liveliness in there. When did I buy those? I cannot remember, I cannot pinpoint the inspiration of that moment and it is just as if color silently creeped up everything else and finally took over the quiet and relaxed atmosphere in the fashion area, enhanced by the occasional bejewelled piece - can you imagine? If next year more decadent prints sneak in there, I will definitely patent the pattern theory.

Keep you posted.


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?