I am listening to...


This is where you need to click for a full-on experience of blog reading ♫

Sometimes the name of an artist does convey a given image or conjure up ideas and thoughts that make you envision what his musical style is going to be like. Take Ayo, for example: I find that the name is the perfect reflection of the singer's musical style. One may actually argue that the perfect correspondence between the two leaves no room for surprise. Well, with a name like DJ Cam, I find the exercise hazardous to say the least. I am fully aware that we may all react differently to a name, but for me, his name left a...blank. No inspiration, no feelings. No...nothing. This is a sad thing to say and even more sad one to write, unless you do like surprises!

Thankfully, a colleague (a musician) did encourage me to reach out of my shell and listen to his music. I am grateful for the encouragement since I have discovered a new lounge/jazzy artist that fits perfectly with my winter mood. To be honest, it fits the mood simply because I have no trouble whatsoever imagining a white sandy beach and a tequila sunrise cocktail awaiting me thanks to an ingenious transporter device hidden right now under the living room couch. And for the record, for the modern jazz lovers, his name will then be DJ Cam Quartet. Hence the picture above - and how COOL is that blue urbanish landscape?

Although the music he produces is nothing new under the sun, there are a few tracks that stand out (China girl being one of them) but all in all, they are all soothing and inspiring, which is more than I can ask for at this stage in my life.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?