Bamboo



When I was little (not so long ago, of course), my mom attended drawing classes and she was definitely right in doing so: she draws beautifully and the portraits she made while talking on the phone were but one proof of her talent. One of the classes she attended was given by a Japanese lady my mom liked very much: she was poised, minimalistic and essential in her behavior and drawings.

One of the first things the attendees were asked to draw were bamboo reeds. Yes, bamboo reeds. Simple, quintessential in their shape and yet so complex. They had to paint them actually. And I remember now all to easily the beautiful result: with  couple of brush strokes, the bamboos emerged from the ground! 

Far from being talented in any way when holding a brush or a pencil, I have now come to use a Bamboo to add personal touches to pictures and visual elements of all kinds. The link between my mom's experience is there, however subtle. It is all a matter of expressing oneself via creation, only with different tools and in different context - mine being...virtual! The Bamboo I am talking about is a tablet that allows you to draw, paint, spraypaint on any visual support you can think of. It is very simple to use, but still requires a bit of practice. I keep looking at the black tablet while writing, instead of looking at the screen, so the final words look shaky... It does not matter though since I have good hope that with curiosity and motivation, I'll get there! In the meantime, you may have spotted a few changes around the blog in the header and in a couple of pictures in the previous posts. Basically, I am discovering the various apps offered by the tablet - there are quite a few! It is all a matter of finding the apps that will help me reach the result I have in mind; will you bear with me in the new "artistic" endeavors?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 commentaires:

  1. Your effort is certainly paying off, the writing doesn't look shaky at all (I tried "writing" with a digital tablet a while back and was quickly discouraged - I love that you're not!). Also love your positive attitude + enthusiasm - makes you a success already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the enouragement, I need it! It is a lot of fun for me to find my way through this type of tool. The only thing is...you need time, a lot of time... And even though the vacation is approaching, I don't think I'll be carrying around in the suitcase all the "virtual attire" ;)

      Delete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?