A beautiful list

It is a pity that I cannot recall where I read, just recently, that blogrolls are an endangered species. Then I have to make a confession: I have never had a blogroll here, in my house of daydreams. Shame on me. All the more so since I have always enjoyed blogrolls and have made zillions of lovely and inspiring discoveries thanks to them. I should just know how great they are given the amount of time I spent clicking on them, dedicating more than one night to blog hopping.

It is a habit of mine now: whenever I find a new blog, I check two things (aside from the posts, obviously): the comments and the blogroll. You see, I tell myself that if I like the blog, chances are I share some of the owner's interests and passions and so she/he would lead me to additional beauties. 

I have made up my mind and have added a blogroll to the Daydreamer's Diary; I may be going against the flow and defending a lost cause, it may be too late - but I trust my blog guts! The concept should be a healthy addition that serves only too well the concept of ever-ending exchanges of ideas and inspiring discoveries.

You may have spotted it already on the right hand side of the main page: I have carefully chosen the happy few of this first list based on the great pleasure I find in reading their contents. The list is bound to evolve

I hope to pass on that same pleasure to you and that some of my friends who have a world of interesting thoughts to share, will be featured here as well (a little, undisguised encouragement to them!).


2 commentaires:

  1. Daydreamer, thank you so very much for adding me to your blogroll! and for the encouraging highlight, c'est vraiment tres gentil :) You know, blogrolls have been on my mind lately, so this post and your thoughts on it are perfect timing. I was thinking about and questioning my own list - its contents, the order, the placing - even having it at all despite as you mentioned how it offers a load of discovery and inspiration... oh the dilemma! ...

    Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome: I think when we enjoy something, we should say out loud. This being said, I would have loved to make a list by categories, but could not find how to set this up via blogger. Instead, I chose the alphabetical order - and you see how well that's worked out ;) First letter is V.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?