Tiny feet


As I am fully awake in the middle of the night - and in the middle of the week - my mind keeps going back to the first little present I received some time ago from a colleague for my future baby (who's playing scary tricks on us, but that's another story... but one that keeps me awake as you can see!): the sweetest pair of handmade newborn shoes. 

A pair of delicately crocheted slippers with funny little owl faces that look happily back at us from the framed butterflies. And you may see a pattern already in the picture above since both shoes and butterflies are handmade. I am not going to pretend I made the shoes though: I am incapable of sewing a button, so imagine crocheting those beauties! The come from an old lady in Brittany, if my memoru serves me right and came in a lovely transparent and ribboned package that it took me 5 split seconds to open. The fact is, from fabric to paper and jewels, I do have a keen interest on everything handmade and regularly visit the shops here. The interest probably stemps from the realization that I am not a handy person - no patience, no time, no particular creative skill, so it is also doubled by curiosity and certainly admiration for the creator and the creative process behind the final object.

In the meantime, while waiting for their baby owner to come, I think these shoes sit nicely as an additional decorative piece on the sparse wall. Welcome little owls for tiny feet!

Credits: TheDaydreamer

2 commentaires:

  1. What an adorable assortment of handmade treasures for Baby! The owls are simply precious and I just love the paper butterflies. Hope you're getting some (much needed :) rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that the owls are really, really cute. I cannot wait to use them! Thank you as always for stopping by, Catherine, and leaving a sweet word. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?