Summer beauty kit


Let's talk beauty, high temperatures and sunny whether. The last two just landed into our life. God bless. It was about time.

Beauty is difficult to achieve these days, given the coughing - still going on, yes - and exhaustion. But let's look to the bright, even coral bright future in the world of beauty.

First, a few words about foundation (5): the one above has been in my beauty case for some time now. It is the only acceptable alternative to the Caudalie foundation in my book. Both are very good: easy to apply and perfect if you cannot stand thick coverage and texture. I have tried others, and now I am giving them away to family and friends, so I have decided to just stick to what works for me. Simple and straightforward, don't you think?

Speaking of which... The lip balm (3) is truly a life-saving lip balm. The medication I was on  a week ago just made me dry out, completely, and my lips were the first ones to suffer. So I decided it was about time to go back to this stand-by of mine. Brilliant idea, modestly. I have not tried the facial products of the line, having a mixed skin, I do not think I need heavy hydration so I am not sure how it would work for me; friends tell me the facial line is just as efficient as the lip balm though. 

And the rest, the color splashes in the picture above, well they are all new entries so I cannot share with you their "efficiency", as it were. To be honest with you, I only want color and fun from them - forget efficiency, this is something that - no matter what they tell us, the big guys - does not apply to cosmetics. But maybe I am wrong...maybe.

I'll certainly keep you posted on the color and fun, as long as you promise me to enjoy every ray of sunlight and enlightened color hue in your life. Spring and summer, they tend to fly by, you know...

Details on the colorful makeup above:
Dior Addict Gloss (2): 643 Diablotine
Chanel nail polish (1):  571Fracas
Clinique Chubby Stick (6): 04 Mega Melon
Clinique High Impact Lip Color (4): 12 Red-y to Wear

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary



2 commentaires:

  1. Oh I love this post! Thanks for talking beauty... I'm always interested in what women use and actually works! This is coming from a person who after years of years of trying many products STILL hasn't found any "tried and true" enough to stick with. Very frustrating to say the least. So I'm always seeking recommendations, merci :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine for your comment, I am glad you found the post inspiring. I am a bit reluctant to share this type of post because there are so many professional blogs out there about beauty products... But then again, maybe an amateurish point of view is refreshing, to put things in a positive light ;-) Cosmetic products can be problematic since what may work for me, may not work for you... Samples are a good way to test them, I find... Enjoy the beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?