I am listening...



He is standing in the doorway and we are chatting away, waiting for the sun to set on our Barbados retreat, the sea moving peacefully in front of us. 

Then I realize that I am not actually listening to his words, but that my attention is drifting away to focus on a new tune and on lyrics I have never heard before. Captivating sounds come out of his phone and I ask him abruptly: "who's singing this?".

The name of the band is Tiromancino and deserves to be translated in some way: the actual saying is "fare un tiro mancino" and refers to an evil act that has negative consequences for its target.

Admittedly, an interesting band name, don't you think?

Their music is a mixture of folk, pop and electronic and is actually difficult to label because of the various influences it rests on. To me, very subjectively, it is quintessentially Italian - and it is quite funny then to think that my friend above, is Italian, and this is our second holiday together in Barbados where he always brings interesting playlists I somewhat bring back into my suitcase.

 In any case, the lyrics are just beautiful, far from the usual already-made sentences we have heard over and over again.

Refreshing!


Credits: Here

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?