Who's Glinda?



I had to stop at the drugstore to buy some baby formula and since I had finished my beloved neutral nail lacker, I thought I might as well have a look there to see if I could find one in replacement.

Bingo! Waiting for me was an entire display of OPI and the one I grabbed was pretty much the only neutral color around among deep blue, yellow and whatnot. Rather than neutral, it looked cappuccino meets hazelnut and cream. If you see what I mean.

I did buy it...despite my being a little skeptical about the undefinable color.

Once home, I just checked its name, hoping vaguely that it would unveil some needed clues about its actual color on the nails. Glints of Glinda, that's what the name was.

Fine.

Or so I thought, but Glinda (and its undefined color) came back to haunt me pretty much the same day via Twitter (no, not Tweeter). Someone (hello memory?) published a tweet about Glinda. This is when I understood that this was not just about a pretty name. This is also when I understood that the meaning of that tweet eluded me.

A few Google moments later, I met her: the real Glinda. She's one of the characters of Oz. Now, I am still a bit fuzzy regarding the link between the Oz collection nail lacker and the said character, but this probably only means that it is high time I watched the movie again. Or that I needed a proper night of sleep. Actual sleep.

It so happens that Glinda is also the best nude nail color that ever reached my top shelf.









0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?