With my own hands - part II (Lost & Found)


Back in July, I very excitedly - and proudly - posted about my handmade bracelet made with beads I chose with great care and under the influence of TV inspiration, for a change (I am not a TV person).

Back then, I also promised you I would post about the finished product in a Part II post. And I would have been very glad to do so, ages ago, if only my lovely daughter had allowed me to. You see, items tend to disappear rather not mysteriously at all around the house. One day they are here. The next they are gone, pshiiit, vanished. And no matter how often or how carefully you look for them, you know they may pop up again. Or not.

A couple of days ago, the precious bracelet reappeared as if by magic. 

In the fruitbowl. 

When I asked around who had found it and placed it there, no answer came.

Don't you love a bit of mystery?

What's not mysterious at all, is how much I like the beads from MichouBeads for the Tibetan style coins and AnnyMay Craft Supplies for the wooden beads. Both found on that greatest market of all, Etsy.


In the end, my bracelet is quite different from the one I had originally seen on TV and tried hard to reproduce: the beads are smaller and especially the coins are not so big and imposing. This does not matter, since it feels like - well, it IS, my very own creation. Along the way it has been influenced by the available bits and bobs, by my mood and inspiration.

And what's more, it now has its own little story to tell.

Credits: TheDaydreamer





2 commentaires:

  1. Romantica la rosa! Mi hai fatto ricordare che ne ho messe ad essiccare alcune dentro un libro e devo vedere come stanno... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho diversi fiori secchi in giro per la casa, tra cui le ortensie, bellissime secche. Anch'io dissemino fiori tra le pagine dei libri e mi piace dimenticarli li' e ritrovarli mesi, anni dopo a volte, e tentare di ricordarmi in che occasione li avevo messi al sicuro!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?