My Favorite Sleep Elixirs {With a Straw}



Everybody sleeps. 

But Me.

With fluttering eyelids, I try to see, to listen.

The stars are bright up in the sky, yet so close, I can touch them. They are cold and hot at the same time. A beautiful mystery.

I decide to leave the warmth of the bed for a cup of warm elixir - one of those concoctions I so like. Simple, calming, soothing and deeply fragrant. It will guide me through the sky where I will be counting the stars to look for peace of body and peace of mind.

There are two flavors in my pictures, but the ones I really like are the rooibos&almond and the honeybush&rooibos (my Instagram followers have seen images of the precious herbs in their containers).

In an ideal world, I would be growing my own herbs or gathering them in enchanted forests of the kingdom of yesterlore. Under the inquisitive gaze of the moon... her pale face shining down on me.


In my real world, these blends are presents from friends freshly hopped off a plane and friends closer to home. Friends. They possibly infused the herbal teas with their love and affection for us.

These are my favorite sleep inducing elixirs.

What are yours? Do you make them yourself or do you buy them in a secret cove?

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary





10 commentaires:

  1. I only recently discovered Lov teas -my favorite flavor is Gingembre -Citron. And as I am the one here who is NOT sleeping while the rest of the family is in peaceful slumber my elixier is peppermint tea (which I grow in the garden) .After (yet) another short night "Boost " a marvelous blend from Kusmi.
    Wishing you a good nights sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, I understand you so well and believe me, I am there with you! It is my dream to grow my own herbs and be able to brew them in my kitchen. In the meantime, I also enjoy quite a few tea flavors from Kusmi. Happy (herbal) tea drinking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoro questa marca! Ricordo ancora un negozio parigino, vicino Les Halles, ci ho passato mezzo pomeriggio a leggere tutti i tipi di tè e infusi, ero estasiata! :-) Peccato i prezzi un po' altini, ma so che ne vale la pena... bevine una tazza anche per me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Francesca! Si', c'è da perdere la testa tra i vari gusti proposti. E' vero che i prezzi sono scoraggianti, sinceramente. Sono appena rientrata dalla Normandia e tanto per sentirmi di nuovo a casuccia, mi vado a fare una bella tazza di té ;-) Un abbraccio!

      Delete
  4. these jars! i would get the tea just for these pretty jars! =)
    i love passion fruit flavored teas, not sure how calming they are =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Ananda!
    Yes, the jars are very pretty but I can also assure you that their content is very tasty and flavor combinations interesting. This being said, there are some flavors are better, tastier than others. Given the price though, I tend to buy the tea bag version, and they are just as good. I am not sure how truly efficient they are, but a warm beverage is sleep-inducing I find (and I cannot drink milk, so that's settled!). Would love to hear about your solution. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah just the thing for a very very light sleeper and one who tends to easily wake and unfortunately stay awake in the middle of the night... good to know I'm not alone counting the stars and better yet, that there's something to help. I'm going to look for these lovely little infusions :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Catherine! So it seems that there are quite a few of us, sleepless souls ;-) Not sure whether these work, but for me they certainly make the night sweeter! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I promise you aren't the only person in the world who doesn't sleep. It helps to know there are others lying awake dreaming too... I drink lavender tea just before I turn out the light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Alison May and thank you for your comment. Lavender tea sounds very nice! I use lavender in cooking and have never thought of making a herbal tea with it so you just gave me brand new inspiration :-) Happy dreaming (and drinking) to you...

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?