Bless Summer Series: 1 The Excess {Look Around}

 


The Summer Series has become a tradition around The Daydreamer's Diary and it should really come as no wonder that despite the difficulties linked to erratic Internet connection on my side of the European world, I still manage to put together posts about my favorite season of all: summer.

The summer months are all that I crave for all year around. In winter and Fall, I hibernate. Ahead, I know there will eventually be the earthly rebirth of nature and souls, urged on by the warming and comforting rays of our nurturing sun.

In the summer, everything goes full force, pedal to the floor: the light, the wind, the temperatures, the colors, the flavors, the scents, the sea, the waves. It is the season of Mediterranean excess.

I am only too ready to embrace it in real and virtual life (#BlessSummer) alike.

Mimicking nature, I want to dive over and over again to see every little fish, bite into every peach and fresh fig around, pick up a full collection of pinecones for the evening fire, smell every jasmine flower I happen to meet during my ecstatic wanderings around the village - I just feel like there isn't enough time to happily take in all the bountiful wonders around us.

How do you feel in the summer? How do you celebrate the summer months? What are your favorite activities in the summer?

Credits: TheDaydreamer
 


7 commentaires:

  1. I'm a recently retired teacher, so for me summer has always represented time off of work, when I can relax and recharge. Sleeping in and working on projects that I didn't have time to do during the year. I love the long warm days, balmy evenings, and the way everything seem slow down. I have to admit though...fall is my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheDaydreamerDiaryJuly 15, 2014 at 9:09 PM

    Dear Cindy, I am sure that thanks to you I will learn to look at fall in a different way. I am also taking time to fulfill special projects this summer... Enjoy the slow rhythm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope you get your projects done - it feels so good to check them off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do live for summer too. right now we're in the midst of winter and I feel my mood change.. Enjoy it, French summers are always lovely. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. TheDaydreamerDiaryJuly 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM

    Hello Mel! Hang on, brighter and warmer days will come - and we do need other seasons to make us fully appreciate summeŕ right?! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer for me has always been long days at the beach. There is a special smell in those summer nights next to the beach. When I was a kid we used to go on vacation for two months! Two whole months!! How wonderful is that! Walking in the village, the ice creams, playing with the little cousins. So many wonderful memories! Since I moved to The Netherlands my vacations have changed quite a lot. It's been three years since I spent time with my family at their usual vacation place. For one reason and another it wasn't possible. This year we have been one week to the lakes in the North of Italy, quite unusual for me. It was nice, but rather hectic, so not my kind of vacation. But I promised myself that we take some more time off soon, maybe at the end of the summer and this time my super hectic husband won't have any word in the vacation plans ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TheDaydreamerDiaryJuly 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM

    Hi dear Lisa! It is so complex to run around all year long that during the summer, we travel just once, put the luggage down and just utterly enjoy family and QT. We would not have energy for anything else anyway ;-) Wishing you a beautiful month of August ahead and a lovely planning session for your next holiday then ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?