Top Blogs 3: Wit & Delight {Geeky}



The loop is looped - follow me: one of my favorite books of the year, Brown Girl Dreaming, came to me directly from a blog post read on one of my favorite blogs.

Wit and Delight is one of those strange virtual encounters: some posts are great, others leave me indifferent, while their shop is wonderfully curated and always boasting simply elegant pieces. This uneven mix, at least in my eyes, leads to a pleasant balance where I always find something to get inspired from, in one way or the other. It is more than ok, in my book, not to please every single reader: being selective and showing character is an asset. A Website Dedicated to Designing a Life Well Lived, with advice, thoughts, wellness and discoveries, Wit and Delight knows how to fuel my attention and creative well.

Should you wish to follow my advice, their review on Brown Girl Dreaming was an eye opener that made me shoot instantly for the book. The latest one I commented on is their On Wellness: This Tornado Loves You, by Kate Arends. The post on self-development - not one of my topics, admittedly - was a way for me to reach for something I am not used to, a read out of my comfort zone. And this is how I found out about adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), redefined as a superpower special people are endowed with - far, very far away from prejudices and wrong assumptions. An enlightening point of view applicable to many fields in life and many human profiles, wouldn't you think? Do hop over there and read the post On Faking It and Sisterly Love, another enlightening piece of writing about how each and every one of us progresses through life, with their strength and weaknesses... To take the experience even further and add more visuals to your encounter with this beautiful blog, I would suggest checking out Kate Arends's Instagram feed too.

The blog layout is straightforward, uncluttered and to the point (in line with the pictures shown on the IG feed...), thus reflecting its contents in a subtle and complementary way: an invitation to grabbing a cup of fragrant tea - cinnamon would be good in this case, elegant and earthy at the same time - and clicking around to find the next lifestyle gem, or choosing the next item for your house.

Credits: TheDaydreamer




2 commentaires:

  1. Oh my! I just spent way too much time on Wit & Delight's sight, then moved on to her Instagram and Pinterest (yikes!!)... but alas even if I should've been working instead, I want to say thank you for sharing a (new to me) source of inspiration (and delight :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheDaydreamerDiaryMay 10, 2015 at 7:18 PM

    Hi Catherine,
    I am sooooo glad to read this! In its variety - and yet consistency - this is a great blog, full of resources. The perfect excuse for getting... pleasurably distracted (and inspired, of course!).

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?