Pinterest: Dressed for Summer {Geeky}




All around the world talented ladies are taking pictures, drawing and documenting with every possible media and support the seasonal bounty of spring and summer. We may not be so far from each other geographically speaking, vibrant colors, blue skies and other telltale signs of a renewal of nature and shift in season seem shrouded in a curtain of heavy raindrops.

Never mind the slightly depressive whims of nature, I have Pinterest to turn to and toy with by simply changing the cover pictures of my curated boards so that summer finally finds its way to our eyes and mind. This is not the first time that I modify the boards covers - it is addictive and deliciously time consuming. But you know what? In the midst of a storm outside my window - what is it, the third this week only? - suddenly, I feel like flying high and feeling warm. 

I have chosen colors over black and white and minimalistic scenes; for me the sunnier seasons are best represented by the increasing presence of light, its radiance over people, objects, fabrics, shapes, revealing perfections as well as imperfections. Warm, bright and subtly contrasting colors announce the renewal of nature - human beings included. What’s in store for me, what’s in store for every single one of us during the budding season? What will we shed? More importantly, what will remain of us?



To find your own way to the brighter seasons, their blatant lies and truths, I invite you to view the new cover pictures of my Pinterest boards: are they cheering, uplifting, hopeful, childish…? Let me know. I’ll be soaking every image up too, right by your side.



Credits: Pinkpot (edited by The Daydreamer)


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?