The Daydreamer on the Shore {Fairy Talk}



It’s another sunny day, scorching the eyes, licking the skin, pulling me out of my soft sleep shell. My moves are swift, I just need to wear a bikini, grab a towel, a ton of sunscreen lotion and walk right out the green door. 

All is silent. The cicadas are still mutely wrapped in the early morning blanket. One step after the other, I reach the pinewood forest - it is still here, proud and tall, lightly swaying and sending wafts of sticky pine up in the air - and suddenly step out into the light: I’m on the cliff.

The goal is to reach one of the hidden away beaches pristine from cries, screams, music and any kind of audio or video pollution. One of those shrines that still exist if you mind to look around, wake up early and embrace the day without a doubt, ready to make circles in the sand and water. What I am looking for is brilliant earth and deep blue. Doubting makes you hesitate, lose precious minutes, lose vision and motivation - why doubt?! Let’s go.

I slowly reach the shore. The sand is smooth and welcoming, easy to sift and spread wildly around like liquid powder. Nobody is going to complain, the sandy crystals will scatter to the ground, back to where they came from, with no interference.

There are still faint traces of steps from yesterday’s day at the beach: men, women, children - whose traces are they? I imagine a whole family, with their footprints intertwined, sometimes spread apart depending on the beating of their hearts. 

This is the perfect time to add my own prints, right before plunging into the oily see. I start toying with my feet and making circles: the eternal spiral won’t last long here as it will be swept away by wind and water. It does not matter since I am deeply enjoying making shapes on the ground and imagining that my volatile circles are here only for a few minutes, for the birds to be seen from their high perched nests. 

I loose myself on the shore and boy does it feel good to blend with the elements and playfully shape them without any further thought other than immediate gratefulness. 



Credits: TheDaydreamer

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?